The Personal Data Protection Office is committed to a high degree of respect for the privacy of our users. We make no effort to identify users of our website. No identifying data is disclosed to any third party for any purpose. Data that we collect is used only for Web administration goals.
Due to the standard practice for most web sites, we log HTTP requests directed to our server. This means that we know the originating IP address of a user agent requesting a URL. We also know:
- date of request,
- realization time,
- user's host name - HTTP identification,
- information about errors of HTTP transaction,
- referer link,
- user-agent information.
- public IP address of the computer from which the query came (directly connected to the user’s computer)
- the name of the client station - identification performed by the HTTP protocol if available,
- username provided in the authorization process,
- inquiry arrival time,
- first line of the HTTP request,
- HTTP response code,
- the number of bytes sent by the server,
- URL address of the page previously visited by the user (HTTP referrer link) - in the case when the transition to the UODO website was made by the reference,
- information about the user's browser,
- information about errors that occurred during the execution of the HTTP transaction.
We make no attempt to link this data with the individual persons visiting the website. We occasionally analyze the log files to determine which files are most often requested, which user agents are most popular or to determine if the website hyperlinks structure is correct.
Logged information is kept indefinitely as administrative material. It is not disclosed outside server and network administrators. Statistics generated from these logs may be reported as part of Web administration help. Those aggregate reports are completely non-identifying.
The Cookies mechanism is not used to obtain any information about users of the website or to track their navigation. Cookies used on UODO websites do not store any personal data or other information collected from users.
The uodo.gov.pl website may periodically use a session cookie file called INFO - to save the fact that you have read the highlighted information. The cookie file is created in order to limit the number of issues of periodically appearing advertisements. Thanks to the use of this Cookie file, the information is displayed only once per user session and does not appear again after switching to the next page of the website. The abovementioned session cookie file, if created, occurs at a specified time, and only for the time the site is visited by the user. Closing the browser window with the uodo.gov.pl website removes the created file.
The Personal Data Protection Office website contains links to other websites. We cannot be responsible for the privacy practices of those sites. Therefore we encourage to read the privacy statements therein. This privacy statement pertains only to the Personal Data Protection Office website.