The Personal Data Protection Office is committed to a high degree of respect for the privacy of users visiting websites in the domain *.uodo.gov.pl. The data collected in logs are used exclusively for the purposes of website administration. We make no effort to identify users of the Office’s websites. No identifying data is provided to any third party for any purpose.
According to the standard practice of most websites, we log HTTP requests directed to our server. The resources being viewed are identified by URLs. The detailed list of information stored in the log files of website server includes:
- public IP address of the computer from which the request came (this may be directly the user’s computer)
- the name of the client station - identification performed by the HTTP protocol if available,
- username provided in the authorisation process,
- time of request,
- first line of the HTTP request,
- HTTP response code,
- the number of bytes sent by the server,
- URL address of the page previously visited by the user (HTTP referrer link) - in case where the Office’s website was accessed via a link,
- information about the user's browser,
- information about errors that occurred during the execution of the HTTP transaction.
We make no attempt to link these data with the individual persons visiting the Office’s websites. We occasionally analyse the log files to determine which websites are most often visited, which browsers are most popular or to determine whether the website structure contains errors, etc.
Collected logs are kept indefinitely as reference material for website administration. Information contained therein is not disclosed to anyone except for persons authorised to administer the Office’s server and network. Statistics can be generated from log files as part of Web administration help. Such aggregated statistical reports are completely non-identifying (do not identify the persons visiting the website).
Cookies mechanism on the websites of the Personal Data Protection Office
Cookies are not used to obtain any information about users of the website nor to track their navigation. Cookies used on the websites of the Personal Data Protection Office do not store any personal data nor other information collected from users.
The uodo.gov.pl website may periodically use a session cookie called INFO - to record the fact that you have read the highlighted information. The cookie is created in order to limit the number of issues of periodically appearing notices. Thanks to the use of this cookie, the information is displayed only once per user session and does not appear again after switching to the next page of the website. The abovementioned session cookie, if created, occurs at a specified time, and only for the time the site is visited by the user. Closing the browser window with the uodo.gov.pl website removes the created cookie.
Links to other websites